Monday, February 16, 2015

Firebird//Book Review


Firebird
by: Dana Rose Bailey
3.5/5 stars

Let me start off by saying this author is clearly pretty darn good.
This book is not something I'd ever dream that I'd actually read. 
It's just....totally far off different.

I'm not a science fiction/fantasy reader.
I don't know why I picked this book up to begin with.
Wait, yes I do... It was free.

Anyway, as I said this is science fiction/fantasy.
(It's fantasy. I just don't read sci-fi much either.)
What makes this book fantasy?
Spoiler alert: (Though not really, because Goodreads says it too.) The main character, Grace, grows WINGS!
Yeah, I know. Weird right?
Totally a bummer thing to happen to a senior in high school too. Yikes.

One day a strange looking plant is delivered to Grace's father, but she keeps the plant for herself because she is just so captivated by it. 
The next day while she's at school, her house burns down and they can't find her father.

So Grace and her sister Amy move in with the Greens, a wealthy family much different than the one they're used to. 
Grace hates their son Wesley, who started a nickname for her when they were younger and would constantly make fun of her.
She also is worried that he's trying to get in the way of her and a boy named Justin.

Nope, it's not going to be Wesley. 
It's going to be the WINGS YOU JUST GREW!
Haha, yeah. I saw it coming, but it still surprised me when it happened.
But, I kept reading.

You get to read all about how she learns to adjust to her wings, how she keeps it a secret from everyone, and what the wings might mean about her past and her future.

It was actually pretty interesting, I'll admit it.
I don't want to say too much more because I don't want to give anything away.

But, there you have it.
Firebird.
Get it?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...