Saturday, February 7, 2015

A Wrinkle In Time//Book Review


A Wrinkle in Time
by: Madeleine L'Engle
2/5 stars

I promise you I tried.
I TRIED to like this book.
I WANTED to like this book. (Because of it's mention in When You Reach Me -- excellent book)
I did NOT like this book.

Science fiction has always been my least favorite genre, but I've started liking it more and more as I got exposed to it.
I'm telling you, that's not even why I didn't like this book.
I was going to be okay with time travel (LOVED Time Traveler's Wife) but this just got weird.

So there's this girl Meg. She seems normal.
She doesn't fully fit in at school or at home. 
Typical teenage girl things, right?

Except for the fact that her dad has disappeared into time.

One night, she gets a visit from a mysterious stranger who brings up a mention of a tesseract.
What's that?
Honestly, I still don't fully understand. But I'm not the author.

Anyway, this stranger promises Meg, her brother Charles Wallace (who's basically a kid genius), and a friend(?) Calvin to help find Meg's dad.
Seems legit. I'd totally trust a stranger for that.

They go on this journey through time and space (I think?) to try to find her dad.
They have to fight evil and not understanding.

It was rough.
I sincerely feel bad that I'm making my 7th graders read this book.

But you always hear how fantastic this book is.
My opinion?
Definitely the opposite of fantastic.
Sorry.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...