Tuesday, February 24, 2015

February's Bookshelf

Books I Finished Reading in February: 
(Click on the title to read my book review)

  
  

A Wrinkle in Time - Madeleine L'Engle
To Kill A Mockingbird - Harper Lee
Firebird - Dana Rose Bailey
Flowers in the Attic - V.C. Andrews
Grade A Stupid - A.J. Lape
Freedom Writers Diary - Freedom Writers and Erin Gruwell


Favorite: 


I absolutely LOVED this book.
Part of it may be because I'm a teacher and I (not so) secretly wish I could be as effective as Ms. Gruwell, but there's also the fact that this story in itself is inspirational.
It reminds us that everyone has a voice - rich, poor, white, black, or anywhere in between.



Least Favorite:


I tried. I really did. But I could NOT get into this book at all.



Most Interesting:


The author of this book used a lot of wonderful imagery and an interesting subject matter.



Book I Thought I'd Like, But Didn't: 


I always heard this book was a classic. Everyone loves it.
I didn't.



Book I Didn't Think I'd Like, But Did: 

I'm not one for fantasy usually, so a book about a girl who grows wings is not in my normal zone.
However, this author was fantastic about using details that made me want to keep reading.
I actually really enjoyed this book.


Book I Wish Was A Movie: 


This book would make a super twisted movie.
I also recently found out that it actually IS a movie.
Now I must see it.


There's a chance this book could be a really good movie.


Character I Related to Most: 


Jean Louise (Scout) Finch from To Kill A Mockingbird
Scout is a young girl who is living during the Great Depression.
She is very curious about why the world is the way it is.
Her father is a lawyer representing a black man, which was pretty much unheard of back then.
She sees the violence and the racism going on in her town and she is upset by it.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...