Tuesday, March 17, 2015

Project Pinterest #3

Project Pinterest was an idea that was born, but unfortunately was unable to grow into its full potential. aka Nobody linked up with us.

However, making Pinterest projects instead of just pinning everything was also a personal goal of mine, so I'm going to continue to post it.
It just won't be a link-up anymore.

If you still want to do it (I'm lookin' at you Lora. Our one friendly link-up), you can leave me a comment and I'll totally check it out! (I read your blog anyway)

So, without further ado, here's my March edition of Project Pinterest.
And I have two things to share!


The first thing I made was a dreamcatcher!

I tried to teach this to a group of 12-15 kids in grades 3-7, but it didn't go well.

I also shared my next project, which was a HIT!
COASTERS! :)

I gave them tile, felt (for the bottom) and Sharpies to decorate.
We also tried using rubbing alcohol to create a watercolor effect.

Here's a bunch from my kids.







And these are mine I get to keep.
:)



I had quite a few extra tiles (a couple kids didn't want to make multiple, a couple didn't show up, and I overshot the number to begin with) so I'll probably make more. 
Maybe for my parents or something.
I can still get away with that, right?

Overall I'd say the dreamcatcher was a 4 or 5 out of 10. (Bummer. Then again, my supplies were cheap too.)
But the coasters was like an 8.
The Sharpie effect didn't work as well as Pinterest said it would, but otherwise it was good.

Until next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...