Sunday, May 24, 2015

Live Original pt. VII

Chapter 13 - Do Something

1. What change do you want to see in the world?
I want to see everyone have opportunity to have an education. That's one of the things that saddened me the most when I went abroad. Families had to pay crazy amounts of money that they didn't have in order to send their kid to high school. Meanwhile, I'm forced to go to high school. That doesn't seem fair. And then some countries actually pay YOU to go to college, but we have to shell out thousands of dollars a year to better our lives here? I think education needs to be affordable to everyone.

2. What specific thing can you do to be the change you want to see?
Advocate for it I guess. Teach others in any way that I can.

3. Have you ever done something really nice for someone who could not do it for himself or herself? How did that make you feel?
I can't really think of anything specific right now, though I'm sure I've done something. I know it's a great feeling.

4. How can you help people in your own neighborhood, city, or state?
Just by being a good person. Honestly. Smile at everyone you meet. You don't know what their struggles are. That smile might make their day.

Chapter 14 - Live Original

1. How can you keep from falling into the trap of comparing yourself with others, so you can maximize your strong points and be okay with what you're not so good at?
I feel like comparing yourself with others is a natural thing and really hard to shy away from. It's important to remember that even if you're not great at something, you're probably pretty great at something else. I need to really train my brain for that one.

2. Do you try to see the best in other people and help them see what's good about themselves? How can you help someone around you learn to live original?
I really do try to see the best in people. Just encouraging people to be themselves and use their talents will help them to learn to live original.

3. What are some ways you can start living original right now? What things do you want to change about yourself: the way you look, the ways you spend your time, your values, or something else to better express who you really are?
Well, I'm working a lot on my body and mind right now. I want to turn my body back into the temple God made, take care of it. And my mind goes along with it. I also want to spend more of my time at school working with students or working on things for students.

4. Based on what we've talked about in this book, what do you think God is calling you to do and be?
I think God is calling me to continue the path I'm going, but with more heart and soul. I strongly feel He wants me to be a teacher and he wants me to advocate for the students who don't have as much as I had growing up.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...