Tuesday, April 7, 2015

Lent Recap

Hello, fellow bloggers.
I hope everyone (who cares about it) had a wonderful Easter weekend.
I know that I had a good time visiting family.

One thing that I wanted to be sure to write about is the experience I had over the Lenten season.

In case you forgot, I gave up all forms of social media for Lent. 
This included Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and Snapchat.
I deleted all 4 of these apps (plus the Messenger app) from my phone and decided that instead of wasting all of my time on these, I would be putting more time towards my relationship with Jesus.
You can read more about my decision here

Here's how it went --

Not well.

Well, I shouldn't totally say that because I did accomplish staying off of social media for the entire length of time.
However, I wouldn't say that I did any extra praying, reading, etc. which is kind of the point of Lent.

I also found that I was still wasting time on my phone. I was just checking my e-mail a LOT.

So, overall, I didn't accomplish the point of what I was trying to do, but I did stay off of social media.
Now I'm back on about half of them.
You can find me on Facebook and on Twitter.
As of yet, I have not re-downloaded Instagram and Snapchat, though I am considering getting Instagram back.
However, I will say I'm not spending quite as much time on them as I was before, so I guess that's a good thing.

If you did anything for Lent, how'd it go for you?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...