Friday, April 17, 2015

Book Challenge

You know I love all things having to do with books.
So when I saw that Semi-Charmed Kind of Life is doing a Summer Book Challenge, I decided to jump on it!
I full out FAILED her Winter Book Challenge, so I'm hoping to plan ahead with this one.
Wish me luck!
Some of these may change, but here's what I'm thinking:



5 points: Freebie! Read any book that fits the general rules.
TBD - I'll wait to see what looks good.

10 points: Read a book you have never heard of before. (Just go to a shelf and pick a book based on the cover, the title, whatever you want!)
TBD - It doesn't really count as "never heard of" if I pick it now, does it?

10 points: Read a book that has been on your TBR list for at least two years. (If you've had a Goodreads account for 2+ years, this will be easy to figure out. If you don’t, do your best to pick a book you’re pretty sure you’ve been wanting to read for years.)
The Memory Keepers Daughter by Kim Edwards

10 points: Read a book that won a Goodreads “Best Book” award in 2014.
We Were Liars by E. Lockhart

15 points: Read a book by an author who is completely new to you.
Throwaway by Heather Huffman

15 points: 
Read a book by an author you have read before. (No re-reads for this one.)
TBD Nicholas Sparks book

15 points: Read a book with "light" or "dark" in the title. (Or "lightness" or "darkness.")

20 points: Read a book with the name of a city, state or country in the title.
The Princesses of Iowa by Molly Backes

20 points: Read a book with an animal on the cover.
The Art of Racing in the Rain by Garth Stein

25 points: Read a book that is part of a series with at least four books.
One for the Money by Janet Evanovich

25 points: Read a book that is longer than 500 pages long. — Submitted by winter finisher Kristen from See You in a Porridge.
A Time To Kill by John Grisham

30 points: Read a book with an alliterative title. (All words in the title must begin with the same letter; no exceptions for articles or prepositions. Examples: Gone Girl or Nicholas Nickleby. Yes, this is tough, which is why it's worth the most points!)
Educating Esme by Esme Codell



Wish me luck!

1 comment:

  1. I'd love to know what you think about We Were Liars. I have a weakness for any and all YA :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...