Wednesday, December 17, 2014

Top 10 Books of 2014

This is probably going to be the hardest post I've ever had to write.
I LOVE to read and do it constantly.
So, picking only 10 books that I've read this year to call my "favorite" is going to be hard.

But, I'm linking up with The Broke and the Bookish for Top Ten Tuesday!

These are going to be in no particular order. That's too much pressure!!


Taking Chances by Molly McAdams.
I read this book in two sittings. It was so wonderful.
Shout out to Meghan for recommending it and letting me borrow her copy!


Don't Go by Lisa Scottoline
Holy moly tears and heartache! This book grabbed me at page one and I didn't want to put it down.
Every time I thought I had something figured out, something different would happen.
Whoooo. What a roller coaster.


I Am Malala by Malala Yousafzai
I'm not usually a biography person, so I was a little hesitant.
But this story is amazing. It's hard to believe someone so young can make such a difference.
This book really opened my eyes to a lot of issues in our world and I can only hope more people like her step up.


A Thousand Splendid Suns by Khaled Hosseini
I fell in love with The Kite Runner, so I had to read this book. 
I was not disappointed.


It's Kind of a Funny Story by Ned Vizzini
I had seen the movie and absolutely loved it, so I wanted to read the book.
I love books that are about these kinds of topics and the way Ned Vizzini presents this was wonderful.


I Still Believe by Jeremy Camp
Another biography, but it was also excellent. 
I love Jeremy's music, but I had no idea some of the things he's been through in his life.
But throughout it all, he keeps his faith. And that's just so inspirational.


Radical by David Platt
Another Christian book. This one presents to us how many people think they're following Jesus, but they're really only following the church and doing what makes them feel comfortable.
This book opened up a lot of honest conversations between my husband and I about where we are going with our faith.


Tuesdays with Morrie by Mitch Albom
How did I miss reading this forever ago when everybody else read it?
This story touched my life.
I had no idea some of the struggles that people with this disease have to deal with.
Powerful.


Real Happy Family by Caeli Wolfson Widger
This book was a crazy whirlwind. 
I think I got it for free on my phone because the author was trying to put it out there because she's new?
Anyway, this book presents a lot of the dangers of drugs, but it's so wonderful.


Flowers in the Attic by V.C. Andrews
I'm currently reading this, but I'd like to think I'll finish in 2014...
It's so good. Twisted, but wonderful. 
I can't say much more, since I haven't finished. But it's definitely going to be one of my favorites.

4 comments:

  1. I love Jeremy Camp. I still Believe is my absolute favorite song of his. I didn't know he had a book though so now I'm going to need to check it out even though I know all about his life haha
    And yes I love David Platt! He actually has podcasts and stuff on iTunes you can get for free if you're interested.
    I saw the movie for Flowers in the Attic that movie is so crazzzy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jeremy Camp is fantastic. I'm super pumped to hopefully be seeing him the 23rd!

      I may have to look into the podcasts.

      Confession, I definitely still haven't finished reading Flowers in the Attic. But it's definitely crazy!!!

      Sorry it took me so long to respond. ;)

      Delete
  2. oh my goodness, thanks for sharing! i love book recommendations!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too! Let me know if you have any for me!! :)

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...