Saturday, December 20, 2014

2014 Year in Review

I plan on doing my own year in review post in the near future, but I saw this survey one on Meghan's blog, so I decided to play along.


What did you do in 2013 that you’d never done before? I graduated college. I got married. And I started my teaching career
Did you keep your new years’ resolutions?
Will you make more for next year?
I didn't flat out fail my resolutions...but I didn't do well. I'm sure I'll make more next year.
Did anyone close to you give birth? A co-worker did. And some old friends of mine. But nobody really "close" to me.
Did anyone close to you die? Yeah.  
What countries did you visit? Just USA.
What would you like to have in 2015 that you lacked in 2014? Money. Haha.
What date from 2014 will remain etched upon your memory? June 28 <3
What was your biggest achievement of the year? Graduating from Drake.
What was your biggest failure? Gaining back all the weight I had lost.
Did you suffer illness or injury? Not really.  
What was the best thing you bought? Um...I don't know? 
Whose behavior merited celebration? My parents for having to be separated for a few months, moving their entire lives, etc.
Where did most of your money go? Bills. Boo adulthood 
What did you get really, really, really excited about? My wedding.
What song will always remind you of 2014? Shake it Off
Compared to this time last year, are you:
Happier or sadder? Happier
Thinner or fatter? Fatter.
Richer or poorer? Moneywise - poorer. But richer in life.
What do you wish you’d done more of? Relaxed.  
What do you wish you’d done less of? Being upset over stupid stuff.  
How will you be spending Christmas?
With family. 
Did you fall in love in 2014?
Every day.  
How many one-night stands? Zero.
Who were your best friends? Meghan, Lauren, Stephanie, Nicole.  
What thing did you do that was meaningful to others? I wrote all my bridesmaids really personal notes with their gifts and they enjoyed them.
What were your favorite TV programsGrey's, HTGAWM, Red Band Society
Do you hate anyone now that you didn’t hate this time last year? I try very hard not to hate anyone, so I'd say no.  
What was the best book you read in 2014? Asking me to pick a favorite book? HA HA HA. 
What was your greatest musical discovery? I'm just glad I got back into Taylor Swift. lol
What did you want and get? A husband. haha
What did you want but did NOT get? Money and a hot body.
What were your favorite films this year? A Million Ways to Die in the West.
What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you? I was 22 and I didn't really do a lot because I was getting married 2 weeks later so that was more important.
What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying? Not much I'd say. This was a decent year..
What kept you sane?
Faith, Family & Friends.  
Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most?
Chad Michael Murray. I started watching Chosen and let's be real....
What political issue stirred you the most?
Ferguson  
Who do you miss? My family.
Who are the best new persons you met this year? I love (almost) all my new co-workers and my students! 
Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2014. Growing up is not all it's cracked up to be when you're 5. 
Quote that sums up your year: Enjoy the small moments because you'll look back and they'll be your biggest memories.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...