Monday, November 17, 2014

Scripture (Sunday) Monday

Hello faithful followers!

I realize it is now Monday and I missed Scripture Sunday.
But, here's the thing, I wasn't feeling up to blogging yesterday because I received news that two people I went to high school with passed away Saturday night.
When I learned of this Sunday, I was still at work, and by the time I got home I wasn't feeling up to blogging.
But I do still want to share some of my favorite scriptures with you, especially after the fantastic church service I went to yesterday.
So here we go!

Galatians 1:10 - For am I now seeking the approval or man, or of God? Or am I trying to please man? If I were still trying to please man, I would not be a servant of Christ.

Man, this is a tough one for me to unpack.
I feel like I spend way more time than I should worrying about what other people think of me, when truly, that doesn't matter at all.
It doesn't matter if I'm prettier than that other girl.
It doesn't matter if I'm skinnier.
It doesn't matter if I'm smarter.
None of this stuff matters.
What matters is my love for Jesus and that my heart is set on serving him.

This is a lesson I'm still trying to learn.

What's a piece of scripture that's been trying to teach you a lesson?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...